Monday, August 22, 2011

Really?! REALLY?!

This is how I was feeling at 4:30am this morning.

On Monday mornings, I teach a 5:00am Turbo Kick class at the military base here. This morning, I was trying to be an over-achiever and it bit me in the butt!

I got to the base at 4:30am, thinking that I'd have time to get in there early and fit in one of my TurboFire HIIT workouts. I was so excited because I really felt like getting it done early was going to help me have a much more productive day!

I pull up to the base gate and upon having the gate guard, who was probably about 20 years old, inspect my card, I was informed that my ID card doesn't allow me access until 0500. That's 5:00am for you non-military people.

Nevermind the fact that for MONTHS I've been teaching that class and never have been given the "Ma'am, I'm sorry, you're not allowed on base until 0500". First of all, why have I never been stopped before? And secondly, DON'T call me Ma'am when you're about 10 years younger than me. HUGE pet peeve of mine.

To make a long story short, I ended up having to drive to a different gate to go to the visitors center where I was then told my ID card would get me in for today, but that I needed to get a new one because apparently, there have been "changes" on my card since it was issued to me, like, 4 months ago. Blah!

When I got back in my car, many expletives were muttered. I'm glad I was the only one in the car, because it was kind of embarrassing, in retrospect.
When I FINALLY got in to base for my class, I was able to forget about the 20 year-old calling me Ma'am and I CRUSHED my workout and my class.

I also realized that I was the only one making myself feel so angry. It wasn't that Airman that was just doing her job. It was me.

Then I started to take my own advice that I tell my 5 year-old all the time. "You are in control of your own feelings. No one can make you feel any way. You CHOOSE to feel certain ways."

So there, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the moral of the anger story. Choose to feel happy and positive. There's NO way I'm going to let that girl ruin my Monday!

Have a good rest of the week!


No comments: