Saturday, June 2, 2012

Beachbody Ultimate Reset Day 2

I feel really good today!  I woke up feeling light and not bloated or anything.  It's amazing how that happens when you're FUELING your body with the right stuff, eh?  ;)

I liked the food on the meal plan for Day 2.  I could see myself making some of these meals on a regular basis.  Tonight we had a taco (soft corn tortilla, black beans, brown rice, seasonings), salsa, guacamole, corn, and a side of steamed kale with toasted pine nuts.  That was probably my favorite meal of the day.  I also really liked that this dinner was a good meal for my family too.  So far I haven't had to make them a different dinner than I'm eating and that's good news for me!

I had a lot of crazy things going on in my schedule today so I wasn't able to stay really strict to my supplement schedule.  I took all of the supplements I needed to, but you're supposed to time them in accordance with your meals.  For example, you're supposed to take certain ones about 30 minutes before a meal.  I wasn't able to do that for all of my meals today, so I'm going to try and get better at that tomorrow.

I know it's only Day 2, but so far, the only downfall I can see is that these meals are creating a lot more work for me in the kitchen.  Some require a lot of prep work and of course, that means more planning.  However, more prep work often means that you're eating more fresh produce, so I really like that I'm feeding my body and my family better foods overall.

My favorite thing about the Reset so far is that I feel really good!  The Reset isn't only about getting your nutrition in check, but trying to be in a good place.  Meaning, consistently doing things that make you happy.  Being grateful.  Being mindful of yourself and your eating.  Taking time to relax and take in all that is around you.  Because of the craziness of my day, I definitely didn't have any of that stuff going on today.  Hopefully tomorrow will have that effect on me!



No comments: