Sunday, March 6, 2011

Not Today!

Last week, I had a brilliant idea to make treats every Sunday. If you missed it, check it out here.

After much thought and consideration, I've decided against that today. Even though these are SERIOUSLY calling my name.

I'm going to stay strong today, and throughout the week.

Why the change of heart?!

I'm following Chalene Johnson's 30 Day Challenge and because of the things I am learning while doing this challenge, I have decided that I need to focus on my goals.

One of my goals is to become a stronger, healthier athlete. In order to do this, I need to train harder when it comes to my workouts, and fuel my body with healthier things.

This goal does NOT fit into my Sunday Treat Day rule.

Therefore, I need to change things up a bit.

I still feel like I shouldn't limit myself and that everything in moderation is still a good rule. However, (let's be honest) my Sunday Treat Day plan was just an excuse to eat crap. Not just eat crap on one day, but eat the leftovers throughout the week. Blah!

That is DEFINITELY not consistent with my goal of wanting to become stronger and healthier.

So, I'm trying to have a different way of thinking.

I want to be healthier, stronger, and better!

The cookies and junk will just have to wait for a special occasion or a birthday or something!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoop Whoop! You go girl!!!

Unknown said...

Oops, this is Jessica...I must be signed in as my hubby!;-)

Jamie said...

hmmm...maybe i should have read this BEFORE going to Golden Corral for lunch! that place is the devil!! i did eat MOSTLY healthy stuff...but not all...blahhhh

Amy said...

It's just one day, Jamie! You'll have a great week, I'm sure!