Monday, February 28, 2011

Treats on Sunday...Good Idea or Not?

It is no secret that I love treats.

I love all treats, but COOKIES are my absolute favorite!!

Now, just because I'm in fitness and I'm a personal trainer and instructor, doesn't mean I don't have cravings and that I don't love cookies as much as the next guy.

I wish that the second I became a group fitness instructor and personal trainer, that magically I turned into this insane health nut who only consumed organic, natural food.

But it's not that easy.

I eat healthy as much as I can, and I enjoy making healthy meals with lots of veggies and healthy ingredients.

However, for me, I have found that I cannot eliminate anything from my diet. If I tell myself that something is completely off limits, that one thing is ALL I can think about.

Everything in moderation!

So my new plan is to have 1 day where I can indulge on my treat of choice.

Sunday is that day, and Snickerdoodle cookies were my treat of choice yesterday!

Everyone has a recipe that they are awesome at making. Snickerdoodles cookies are my specialty!

My condition for making them is this:

I'm only going to have treats on Sunday's.

Even though I have dozens of cookies left over from yesterday, I'm not going to eat any this week! I'll freeze them and save them for snacks for my son's preschool, or send some to work with my husband.

I don't need a treat every day. As long as I can stay to healthy eating during the week, I'm okay with treats on Sunday!

Do you give yourself a cheat day or meal? What do you like to indulge on?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Treats make the world go round! I will never deny myself a cookie or a slice of cake, but I will take a small slice and take my time eating it so I can really enjoy it.

Amy said...

That's great advice, for sure, Melanie!